Giropay is a German-based payment solution that has over 35 million active users and many more potential ones. It's a very basic e-wallet that allows you to do every financial operation that you can expect after working with Skrill or Neteller. All you have to do is get an account and make a deposit. However, there's bad news for Indian gamblers.
The only country where you can use Giropay is Germany. This means your local bank will not be able to work with the platform. The only way you're depositing Giropay is if you own an account at a German bank.
However, there's still a possibility to make that deposit. Commerzbank, DZ Bank AG, KfW IPEX Bank, Landesbank Baden, and Deutsche Bank all have Indian sections. If you happen to have a deposit at one of those banks, you may be able to deposit Giropay. You'll have to check with your bank first, though.
- Using GiroPay in Casinos
- Popular Software Providers
- Main Features
- GiroPay in Indian Gambling
- Main Payment Alternatives
Top Indian Giropay Casinos
How To Use Giropay At Online Casinos
Giropay is a simple to use and intuitive payment system, so there should be no problems with using it while making a deposit. The only problem is you can only do that with a German bank. So step one is calling your bank if it's on the list presented above and ask whether they work with Giropay from India. If they say you can make a deposit, go ahead and find a casino that accepts Giropay. It's easy to do with BestIndianCasinos because we provide a list of casinos that accept different payment systems.
That done, create an account and show your ID to get through KYC. In some international casinos, you'll have to do that before you're able to deposit since they're regulated to prevent underage gambling. Log in to your account, and make a deposit. Once you chose Giropay as your payment option and type in the amount of money you want to deposit, you'll be redirected to the Giropay website's checkout page. Enter your banking details, and confirm the transaction.
That's all you have to do. Now, press the “confirm” button, and wait for the funds to be sent to your account. It may take a couple of minutes. Refresh the page if you don't see the funds after five minutes.
Giropay requires you to pay a processing fee, but it's minimal. It's 1.3% of the sum you're depositing. There's also an exchange fee since Giropay doesn't work with rupees, only Euros.
Deposit and Withdraw
With Giropay, you can both make deposits and take withdrawals. Since few merchants take Giropay in India, you may want to proceed with withdrawing the money back to your bank account.
The minimum deposit sum depends only on the casino you're playing at. Most casinos restrict the minimum deposit to 700 INR, but you may be able to find a few odd ones that allow you to make even lower deposits.
Countries where Giropay is accepted
Giropay is a prevalent payment system. Unfortunately, its popularity ends at Germany's border. You may be able to use Giropay if you have a deposit in a German bank. However, you'll have to reach out to them and ask if they support the payment system in India first.
WIth Giropay, you only have to pay 1.3% of the sum per transaction. It's a small fee, and you won't notice it even while making a minimum deposit. However, you will have to lose some money on exchange fees because Giropay only works with Euro.
Online Casino Software Providers That Accept Giropay
- Microgaming Giropay casinos – Microgaming's products are a must in many casinos, both Indian and international ones. The company has been on the market for over two decades and has no intention of leaving it any time soon. If you've never heard the name, you probably have played at least a couple of their games. Have you ever taken Lucha Legends, Lucky Leprechaun, or Game of Thrones for a spin? These games are available at best online Microgaming casino sites, and there are hundreds of other immersive and fun slots in their collection. Visit Jackpot City, Grand Mondial Casino, or Karamba to try some Microgaming slots with Giropay.
- NetEnt Giropay casinos – NetEnt online casinos is another widely popular choice in the industry. It's the biggest competitor of Microgaming and doesn't show any signs of giving up as well. The games produced by NetEnt are loved and are presented in many Giropay casinos in India. NetEnt's latest slots, Vikings, Narcos, and Conan, are available at Jackpot City, Mr Play, Karamba, and NextCasino.
- Play’N’Go Giropay casinos – Even though Play' N'Go is not as popular as NetEnt and Microgaming, it is big enough to present decent competition for them. It continually follows behind in financial respect, but in terms of games, Play'n Go casino software provider is just as good as these two giants. Some Indian gamblers even say it's better. Enjoy games like Rise of Merlin, Wild Rails, or Game of Gladiators at Mr. Play, Karamba, and NextCasino.
Pros And Cons Of Using Giropay in Online Casinos
- Good and reliable – It doesn't have security issues and doesn't hold your payments like the best PayPal casinos India do. It's easy to use and doesn't have pitfalls.
- Small commission – The 1.3% you have to pay for each transaction is nothing, even taken off the minimum deposit of 700 rupees.
- Can't deposit – It only works with German banks at the moment, and there are only five of them in the country. If you're lucky enough to have a deposit at Deutsche Bank, you may be able to use Giropay, but you'd have to contact your bank first.
- Hard to find in India – Since Giropay is effectively not on the Indian market, you'd have trouble finding a single Indian casino that takes Giropay. That's not much of a problem, though, since you can always gamble at an international casino.
- Additional Fees – Giropay only works with Euros, so you'll have to convert your rupees first.
The Current Situation with Giropay in India
Giropay is nonexistent in India. The company only operates in Germany currently, and they don't offer their services to Indian merchants, casinos included.
The only option you have is having a deposit at a German Bank in India. If you have a deposit at Commerzbank, DZ Bank AG, KfW IPEX Bank, Landesbank Baden, or Deutsche Bank, you might be able to use Giropay. But you'll have to check with your bank first.
Alternatives to Giropay for Making Deposits at Online Casinos
Giropay is far from being the best solution in India. Here are your alternatives.
- Credit cards – Every casino takes credit cards. Every casino offers withdrawals to credit cards, both Visa and Mastercard. American Express casinos are harder to come by, but they exist as well. So why not skip the proxy of e-wallets and make a deposit directly with your credit card?
- E-wallets – If you're not a big fan of using credit cards in your daily life or your bank blocks gambling transactions, you can always use an e-wallet that is more popular in the Indian casinos than Giropay is. Use Skrill, MobiKwik, or Neteller, and you're guaranteed to find dozens of casinos that take these payment methods. On the downside, you will have to go through KYC, which takes time, and there may be some financial limitations in your e-wallet. Learn more about each wallet's pros and cons by reading reviews at BestIndianCasinos.
- Bitcoin – If you want to have the security of e-wallets but don't want to show your ID or proof of address, you may be looking to use the most anonymous payment method on the web, Bitcoin. It will take some time to set up a BTC wallet for casinos and get used to this cryptocurrency, but in the end, it's one of the most protected methods of making a deposit.
Safety of Giropay Gambling Transactions
For all its downsides in India, Giropay is exceptionally safe. Originating from Germany means the quality of the product is superb. This is true for Giropay. If you're able to use it in India, security is not an issue.
1️⃣ What is Giropay all about?
Giropay is a German-based payment gateway with millions of users. It is an e-wallet platform where you perform different financial transactions. However, Giropay can work with some notable casino agents. As such, it integrates with casino sites for both payment and withdrawal operations. Giropay can be said to be a payment alternative for online casinos.
2️⃣ Is Giropay accepted in India?
Giropay payment solutions is a German-based e-wallet. As such, its operations do not exceed the confines of Germany. However, Indians with an account in any German banks can use Giropay online through their account number. Some German banks like Commerzbank, DZ Bank AG, Landesbank Baden, and Deutsche bank have an Indian section where Indian players can create an account.
3️⃣ Does Giropay accept any currency, and how much is the deposit fee?
The beautiful thing about Giropay is that the deposit fee is quite low. Giropay charges users 1.3% of the total deposit, which is quite reasonable. However, the only acceptable currency on Giropay is Euro. Hence, any transaction done on this platform will automatically be converted to Euro. Conversion may also incur an additional transaction fee.
4️⃣ What are the popular casino software to partner with Giropay?
Finding Giropay casino partners can easily be done on Bestindiancasinos. Nonetheless, the following are online casino software that accepts Giropay; Microgaming Giropay casino, NetEnt Giropay casino, Play'N Go Giropay casino, and a host of others.