Rummy is one of the oldest and most popular card games in India along with and Andar Bahar. It’s been around for hundreds of years and enjoyed for generations. However, the development of the internet means that online Rummy has become incredibly popular in the country. This involves playing the Indian Rummy game online and wagering real cash, a new and exciting way to enjoy an absolute classic.
Unfortunately, online Rummy isn’t available everywhere. A Rummy casino can be hard to find, so we’re here to make the job a little easier. On this page, we look at what the game is, how you get started and how to play. We then present you with the best Rummy sites in India, where you can play for real cash whenever and wherever you like. Keep reading to find out everything you need to know.
Best Indian Rummy Casino List
|Play Now||Read Review||1xbet||1750+||
|Play Now||Read Review||Casumo||1900+||
|Play Now||Read Review||Royal Panda||685+||
|Play Now||Read Review||Rizk||650+||
|Read Review||Genesis Casino||946+||
|Read Review||Leo Vegas||1180+||
|Play Now||Read Review||22Bet||3631+||
|Play Now||Read Review||Melbet||2352+||
- What is Rummy?
- How to Start Playing
- How to Play Rummy
- Live Rummy
- Mobile Rummy
- Software Developers
- Play Best Rummy Sites in India
What is Online Rummy?
We will cover exactly how to play online Rummy and cover all of the essential aspects you need to know. But, for now, let’s look at what Indian rummy is and where it came from.
Online Rummy is a new way to play the classic Indian card game. The rules, strategies, and hands remain the same, but everything is done online in the comfort of your own home. The first versions of the online game date back to the early 2000s, but things have begun to improve significantly in recent years.
As more Indian players begin to enjoy online casinos new sites, there is a demand for traditional Indian games. Indian Rummy is just one example, as well as Teen Patti and Andar Bahar. Because of the rising popularity, new Rummy sites are regularly launching, but it’s important to know what a good one looks like. Keep reading to find out how we review Rummy casinos.
Online Rummy Casino Criteria
Each Rummy casino is tried and tested by a team of experts before it’s recommended to our readers. We look at the entire journey from registration to depositing and playing online Rummy. Here are just some of the things we look at:
- Licensing and safety – We only ever recommend a licensed casino, as it’s the only way to guarantee security. This means that the online casino is regulated for fairness and compliance and that players are well cared for. Unlicensed casinos can be a real threat and should be avoided entirely.
- Rummy casino card games – We check for both game variations, RNG Rummy and live Rummy betting. The best sites have both. We also check that there is a good selection of other best online cash games in India available, such as slots, tables, jackpots, and more. There should be something for everybody.
- Bonuses and promotions – We take a close look at the rummy casino bonus including no deposit registration bonus, what’s available and what the terms and conditions say. We check for fairness, including the wagering requirements and limits. We also expect to see plenty of ongoing promotions for loyal players.
- Deposit and Withdrawals – A Rummy casino should have popular Indian payment methods like Paytm and PhonePe. This means that you can deposit quickly, securely, and in Indian Rupees. Payments should be easy to make, and payouts should be quick.
- Customer Support – Customer support is essential at rummy casino sites, as there are several things you might need help with. We check the opening times, the contact methods and test the quality of the support received.
How to Start Playing
Joining an online Rummy casino is simple; just follow these instructions:
- Choose one of the best Rummy sites – This page features the very best Rummy sites in India, so you don’t have to look far to find some great options. Choose a favorite by considering the welcome bonus and other perks available. Once you’ve made your mind up, click the green visit button.
- Create an account – You will be taken to the registration page to create an account. To do this, you will need to provide some personal information like your name, home address, and email address. You will also create a username and password for logging in.
- Add a payment method – Head over to the banking area to see the choice of payment methods available. Then, click on your deposit method of choice and enter your details to make your first deposit. This is entirely safe and secure to do.
- Claim the welcome bonus – Once you have added funds to your account, you will be eligible for the new player welcome bonus. You may need to accept the bonus manually within your account area, or a pop-up could prompt you.
- Play rummy online – Head to the games lobby to find the Indian Rummy casino game. You can search for it manually or filter through the table games and live casino options. Click launch to begin playing on any device.
How to Play Rummy
Unlike some other traditional Indian games like Teen Patti or Andar Bahar, Rummy requires concentration and a certain skill level. Therefore, it can take some time to learn the game before you start to see some success. So if you’re new, it’s recommended playing rummy online for free before spending any of your hard-earned cash.
Online Rummy is typically played with anywhere from two to six players, and the game is based on finding matching cards of the same number, suit, or sequence. These are called melds, and melds can be sets (cards of the same number but different suits) or runs (cards of the same suit in numerical order). So, for example, a set would be 3×10’s, all of the different suits, and a run would be four spade cards in a sequence, say two, three, four, and five.
The decks of cards used depend on the number of players. Two to three players would need two standard decks of 52 cards, but anything above three would require three decks. Thus, each player is dealt a total of 13 cards. Once all of the players have their cards, another card is placed in the middle of the table face-up, beginning what is called the discard pile. The remainder of the cards is placed on the table face down, called the stockpile. To recap – each player has their cards; there is a discard pile where unwanted cards are placed and a stockpile to pick up new cards.
You will draw cards from the stockpile and discard them in the discard pile. Your goal is to get as many melds as possible. The first player to meld all cards first wins the game. This makes Rummy a great balance of chance and strategy.
Online Rummy Variations
Being such an old game, it’s no surprise that Rummy has many variations, which is true of the online game. Here are some of the most common online Rummy variations:
Gin Rummy is all about earning points, which adds another level of competitiveness to the game. It’s designed for just two players, and the aim is to score as many points as possible by forming melds. You only get ten cards in this variation. The players can set the score limit, but it’s usually 100, and each card has its value. An ace is one, number cards are their values, and face cards are ten points.
Rummy 500 is similar to Gin Rummy in that points are involved, but the structure is slightly different. It’s for six to eight players, and the points limit is 500. The points values are also different, with numbered cards being worth five points instead of their value. The game continues until somebody in the group reaches 500 points.
Pool Rummy involves trying to keep your points score low instead of achieving the highest. The players decide the exit criteria before the game starts; for example, you leave when you reach 100 points. Each player that hits the threshold is knocked out until, eventually, only one player is left. The game continues until this point, and the remaining player is named the winner.
Paplu (Indian Rummy)
Paplu, or Indian Rummy, is almost the same as standard Rummy, but playing cards vary. It tends to be played with either 13 or 21 cards, with the latter making the game much longer. The objective is the same – form sets and runs with your cards to be the winner.
Live Rummy is the term used to describe online Rummy played in live casinos online. You can play with a real dealer instead of a digital version in an RNG (random number generator) casino. This is becoming an incredibly popular way to play any casino game, not just online Rummy, as it’s an entirely immersive experience. You can enjoy Rummy from your computer or mobile device, and it feels like you’re sitting in a real casino.
This is possible through intelligent technology that can recognize the cards and relay the results and information back to the player. It’s the perfect option for players that want to play Rummy in the most realistic way possible.
Indian Rummy Mobile
The best Rummy sites in India also have mobile platforms to enjoy the Rummy game on the go. These Rummy mobile casinos are perfectly optimized for every type of device, including Androids and IOS phones, as well as tablets. So it’s not just a desktop game that works on mobile too; it’s a game that has been developed and optimized for the mobile player.
There are two options. You can play Rummy online on mobile through a browser or a dedicated app. Gaming on a browser doesn’t require any additional installations, simply load your browser, enter the website address and play. An app, of course, has to be installed but also has some perks, such as the best gaming experience and additional tech support.
Whichever way you prefer to play casino on your phone, you will quickly realize the benefits of doing so. You can play the Rummy casino game wherever you like, whenever you want, and the experience is just as seamless and fun.
There are only a couple of software developers that have online Rummy games. This is because it’s relatively new to the online casino world, and not everybody has caught up. Here are the two main companies developing online Rummy:
Ezugi develops a large number of casino and live casino games for the Indian market. Although Rummy is probably the most popular, there is also Teen Patti, Andar Bahar, and many others. In addition, there are studios across the world so that gamers can enjoy Rummy 24/7. These are high-quality games with friendly dealers and impressive graphics, great on mobile and desktop.
Super Spade Games
Super Spade Games is one of the leading casino software companies in India. They have a large selection of live casino games, including Rummy, in a number of different languages. Their games can be played on any device, and this impressive developer attracts a huge number of players.
Banking Methods to Play Online Rummy for Real Money
There are plenty of payment methods around, but not all of them are available at online casinos. Even those that are may not be featured on a Rummy casino. It’s all about finding a casino that has flexible banking options so that you can play online Rummy safely. Here are some of the most popular banking methods for playing online Rummy for real money:
- Visa and Mastercard – Visa and Mastercard process billions of transactions each year, more than any other payment platform. This means they can be trusted and relied upon. The only downside is that it’s not always possible to deposit in Rupees, so there could be fees for transactions or currency exchange. Deposits are instant, but withdrawals can take up to 5 days.
- Paytm – Paytm is used by millions of Indian people each day. It’s available in retailers, to pay bills, and for Paytm online casinos. You can pay through your mobile without needing to remember long card or bank details, and it’s still safe to do so. It’s quickly becoming the number one way to pay in India.
- PhonePe – Using PhonePe in casinos is one of the best ways to play Rummy. Like Paytm, it’s paying through your mobile in an easy-to-use app that’s also packed with additional security features. As an Indian payment platform, you can deposit and withdraw in Rupees without any fees.
- PayPal and e-wallets – PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill are just three examples of popular e-wallets. All you need is to create an account to get started. The great thing about e-wallets is that they have the fastest withdrawal times, usually within 24-48 hours. It’s also safe and secure, with PayPal being one of the most trusted payment brands in the world.
- Bank transfer – It’s old-fashioned, but it’s safe, and it’s still available. A bank transfer is a great way to play online Rummy for real cash for those that don’t have any of the fancy apps or e-wallet accounts. Withdrawals can take significantly longer, though, so keep this in mind.
Play Best Rummy Sites in India
Gambling regulation and legality is an ongoing thing in India, and it’s changing regularly. At the time of writing, gambling is legal in three areas in India; Goa, Daman, and Sikkim. Online gambling and land-based gambling are permitted in these areas.
The Indian gambling law comes down to games of skill and games of chance. Games of chance are illegal in places where gambling isn’t permitted. The good news? In the eyes of Indian law, Rummy is a game of skill, and not entirely down to chance. So what does this mean? It means online Rummy is legal in all parts of India.
This is made even more simple by the fact that most online casinos serving Indian players are located elsewhere. There is very little in Indian gambling law that prohibits playing on sites in other countries. This means that you don’t have to worry about breaking any laws or getting in trouble while enjoying Rummy casinos.
ᐅ Can I play online Rummy in Indian Rupees?
If the Rummy casino supports Indian Rupees, then the game of Rummy will too. Accepted currency is at the casino level. The great news is that most of the best Rummy casino sites on this page allow you to gamble in Indian Rupees. This means no transaction fees and no currency exchange fees. It’s also a better way of keeping track of exactly how much you have spent.
ᐅ How can I improve my chances of winning?
Despite being considered a game of skill, online Rummy is still gambling, and chance plays a huge part too. Because of this, it’s technically impossible to influence the outcome of the game or increase your odds of winning mathematically. That said, you can outwit the other players by having a better understanding of the game and making better decisions. This is done by practicing and gaining Rummy expertise.
ᐅ Why is Rummy considered a game of skill?
There are many Indian casino games that come entirely down to chance. Andar Bahar and Teen Patti, for example. There’s nothing for the player to do other than bet on an outcome, there is no decision-making or technique. With Rummy, there is. This is what separates it from a game of chance and why it overcomes a lot of Indian gambling laws.
ᐅ Can I play Rummy in any Indian language?
Unfortunately, it’s not currently possible to play online Rummy in an Indian language. The game is widely available in English, so you will need to have at least a basic understanding of the language to play. Other languages available include French, Belgian and Bulgarian. We expect that Indian languages will be available very soon.
ᐅ Is online Rummy rigged?
Games at any licensed casinos are not rigged. They are audited by gambling bodies regularly and powered by a random number generator that determines the outcome of each hand. The casino itself has no power over who wins or who doesn’t, and there’s nothing a player can do to influence the outcome.